- The relation between a client and Dehaese & Dehaese law firm shall be governed by these general conditions unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- The law firm contracts an obligation of means with its client and shall treat a case with the appropriate earnestness and care.
- At the start of the handling of a case, the law firm will charge a provisional amount which will be reserved up till the closing of the case.
- The law firm will charge monthly, bi-monthly or each quarter its activities relating to the past period. Each invoice for fee and expenses is payable within 15 days. All services offered are subject to a VAT rate of 21%.
- In case of non-payment of an invoice, a surplus interest will be charged equal to the interest foreseen in Art. 5 of the Law of 2 august 2002. For each unpaid invoice an indemnity will be charged equal to 10% of the amount due without need of notice of fault.
- In case of non-payment by the client on the due date of an invoice, the law firm will be entitled to cease its services without need of notice of fault to the client.
- In case of dispute, only the Courts of Hasselt will be competent. Belgian law will be applicable.
- These general conditions, apply for the services of the law firm Dehaese & Dehaese, its lawyers and collaborators and all persons which collaborate with the law firm or for which the law firm is responsible.
- The professional third-party liability of the law firm Dehaese & Dehaese, its lawyers and collaborators is limited to the amount specified by the insurance policy underwritten by the law firm. This policy comprises a cover of 1.250.000 euro. Upon explicit request of a client, an insurance policy can be underwritten for a larger amount for a specific file. In this case an additional, insurance premium will be payable by the client.
Each liability of the law firm Dehaese & Dehaese is limited to the amount which will be paid out by the professional liability insurance and in case of non-payment by such professional liability insurance, to the amount of fees charged by the law firm in the previous year to the corresponding client.