Lawyer - partner
- Lieve is specialized in commercial law, company law, contract laws, intellectual property, environmental law, regional planning and urban planning. Lieve has more than 35 years of experience in these law specialties.
- Graduated with a master’s degree in law from K.U.Leuven University in 1977.
- Undertook post-graduate training in commercial law and company law at KU Brussels.
- Lawyer at the bar of Ghent from 1977 to 1980, member of the lawyers association of the late Prof. DELVA.
- Lawyer at the bar of Hasselt starting from 1981.
- Former teacher at Provincial High school Limburg in civil law, commercial law and industrial property rights.
- Appointed since 1981 as receiver in bankruptcies by the Hasselt commercial court.
- Court-appointed liquidator for companies.
- Holds conferences for various organisations on themes related to commercial and company law and bankruptcy law.
- Regularly involved in procedures before the Council of State.
- Recognised Mediator in civil and commercial law.
- Member of the Judiciary of the High Council of Justice (2008-2012).
Active in the fields of:
Company law and tax law
Law on the continuity of undertakings (WCO) & bankruptcy
Administrative law (environmental law, regional planning and urban development)
Building law and real estate
Family law & divorces