Lawyer – partner
- Johan is specialized in liability law and insurance law : he looks after the interests of insurance companies as well as the insured persons and this in different sectors such as the building sector, the medical sector, traffic law cases, work accidents, fire damage etc.
- Johan has more than 30 years of experience in these law specialties.
- Graduated with a master’s degree in law from K.U.Leuven University in 1984.
- Lawyer at the bar of Hasselt since 1984.
- Appointed since 1984 as receiver in bankruptcies by Hasselt commercial court.
- Court-appointed liquidator for companies.
- Holds conferences and is an author of various publications concerning insurance law, liability and building law.
- A member of the editorial team of the legal publication “Limburgs Rechtsleven”.
Active in the fields of:
Liability law: contractual and (quasi) criminal liability
Building law and real estate (including liability of the contractor / architect)
Damages and right to compensation (including personal injury)
Law on the continuity of undertakings (WCO) & bankruptcy